Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cardio Queen to Iron Machine

Why am I running 8 miles a day and not seeing muscle? Why don't I feel tight and toned when I can run half-marathons on a days notice? WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T EAT A HALF GALLON OF FROZEN YOGURT, I WAS AT THE GYM FOR 3 HOURS TODAY.

The caps are necessary, believe me.

The biggest changes I have made to my physique did not come from elipticals, treadmills, or stairmasters.  It comes from 2 sources: nutrition (more on the lovely world of no sugar later) and weights.  Weights...as in iron, as in deadlifts, as in squats, and oh my word, "you like, bench press?!"  Tis simple: lift weights up, put weights down, eventually (with other factors involved) you see muscle.  Muscle is like a 5 year old with attention defecit issues, it needs to DO something even when it's resting and will burn calories.  Fat shows up at the party and is content sitting on the couch.

Ladies, you will not get bulky, gaining muscle is hard. Lift heavy...lifting heavy means different numbers for different people (I strain at 20lb curls, sorry I'm not sorry).  Lift with proper form, don't do something and not get all the benefits from it!

See that guy in the wife beater who's looking around like he owns those dumbells? He doesn't.  Head over there and show Ed Hardy what's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment