Wednesday, August 1, 2012

17 minutes and 32 seconds

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
I usually roll over and attempt again but today was going to take more than just a somersault over the covers.
My dog greeted me with an enormous grin, wag of the tail, and a huge line of slobber that landed on my leg.  Ugh, couldn't she tell I needed a little SPACE today? I told her to give me a hot second and she proceeded to sit on my foot.

We all have mornings like this when you just want to go to bed and give it a whirl again tomorrow.  When someone says, "you only live once, make today count," an appropriate response seems to be a roll of the eyes and a sip of your third cup of coffee.  I knew what would make me feel better and what I had to do and lumbered down to the treadmill.  Edorphins...man up.

The first five mintues of some cardio seshes are torture.  "I just did five minutes.  You're saying I need to do THAT five more times?! Will I SURVIVE?"  Then, when you don't realize it, your mind starts to wander, legs start to limber up, and before you know it, you're having a duet with Katy Perry.  My first smile was a welcomed one and I looked at the time: 17 minutes and 32 seconds. 

17 minutes and 32 seconds of doing something great for my body was all it took to make this mid-week slump perk up.  Feel some Wednesday wallows?  Get up and move.  I promise you won't regret it and friends, family, and that slobbering dog will thank you for it.

1 comment:

  1. So true....love it!!! Keep on blogging. I started too, so amazing.

    ReplyDelete