Sunday, February 2, 2014

Peanut Butter Praises.

It has come to my attention that my love of peanut butter is pretty well known.

Like some may post pictures, quotes and stories about sports, love and politics, I happen to enjoy showcasing my passion for peanuts.

(...and almond butter, peanut butter's dapper cousin).

I don't think this affection is unwarranted.  What other food do all normal, wonderful human beings enjoy so consistently across the masses?  Pizza? Nay. Nachos? Oi. Popcorn? I could eat 5 bags.

It's a deserving spread, one that is nutrient dense and dependable.  One that doesn't falter with time nor surprise you with displeasure.  It's nature's nut pulverized into a magical concoction that all palates praise. George Washington Carver, the inventor of the beautiful butter, is a hero to many, to mouths worldwide.  I picture angels flying softly around his head as he churned that bad boy into bliss.

Thank you good Sir.

In all seriousness, I think it's a delightful dish for a number of reasons, divine intervention aside.

It's packed with fiber. It's satiating. It's versatile. It gets along well with others. It's a source of potassium, protein and healthy fat. You can have it in the morning, at lunch, at night and in the refrigerator door.  It can travel.  It's got magnesium and Vitamin E. It fits easily on a knife, spoon, fork or finger.  It doesn't ask for much and it gives a whole lot back.

I could go on but I think we arrived at the obvious destination a while ago.

I like peanut butter for the same reasons I like life
Sometimes it's smooth
Sometimes it's chunky and raw

At the end of the day, it's all good.



No comments:

Post a Comment